Friday, June 02, 2006

Here we go again

So, I am ready to give up and swear off women for the 10,000th time. Once again, I find myself the lonesome loser.
Whatever happend to the days of romance, mystery and intrigue ? I recently sent flowers anonymously to a young lady. Over the next three days, I recieved an email and 3 messages from the florist asking if they had permission to reveal my name. I did not respond to these messages. Instead, I sent an email to this southern belle. No, I didn't use my professional email that is my name, but my yahoo account that is a pseudonym. Without identifying myself, I let her know that the flowers were just a complimentary gesture to her wishing her a nice day. I was not some freak/stalker that she should be concerned about.
However, I did tell one little white lie. That is that I expected nothing in return. The purpose of the email was so that she could respond with a thank you. If she was intrigued to learn more (since she like the previously recipient contacted the florist to find out who) so be it, but I did really not expect her to come running across the field with open arms.
However, it has been a week and there has been no response. Not a "how you doin ?" "thank you but drop dead before I get a restraining order" nothing. Just completely and utterly ignored.
Maybe instead of flowers, I should spend my money on Ben and Jerry's and get a cat.

1 Comments:

At June 2, 2006 at 12:13 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I recommend a dog... or two. You know they will love you forever - no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home