Tuesday, September 06, 2005

First ina multi-episode whine fest

It has been a while since I have written anything. As in a previous blog, I have not had any inspiration in "oh since before you were born".
On top of that, I have not felt very chipper and thought it inappropriate to whine when so many here are suffering financially, physically, emotionally and spiritually, so I have been allowing for a period of solemnity.
Anyway, I was in girl mode this weekend. Sitting at home on S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night (let's here it for the Bay City Rollers) watching Love Actually with the gorgeous Ms. Knightly. But the one I find absolutely adorable is Natalie (hugh grant's love interest) with the irresistable British accent (don't you just love the way Brit's use profanity). If anyone knows someone like her send her my way. The movie is about love in all its many facets. The aging rock star and his manager, a father and son, platonic, and romantic. It is nice to know that some people in this world get to experience that. It is nice to have that sense of hope and wide-eyed optimism like a child on Christmas day.
I watch this, then I crawl into bed holding my pillow wishing it was someone and try to dream sweet dreams. Then I wake up alone get up face the day and do it all over again. It is a vicious cycle.
Mr. Jackson's words ring in my ears, " the boy don't always get the girl, here in the real world".
I can hear people now telling me I have no right to complain with all the losses being suffered right now. My response," Yes, some people have lost everything. But homes can be rebuilt, new possessions can be bought, and memories can live on in your heart. But life's obstacles are easier to overcome when someone is standing beside you holding your hand. Yes, I am deeply saddened by recent events and I realize some people have lost dear ones and even the love of their lives and my heart goes out to them. But the American spirit will eventually overcome and triumph as always."
But as for me, there is the cold hard realization that my prison just may be walking through this world all alone.

1 Comments:

At September 9, 2005 at 1:36 PM, Blogger slow poke kate said...

I love that movie and have actually had the urge to watch it the past few days. Wish we could have gotten together while I was in the states. My days were full and at times that I wanted to call I felt it was too late! There. There are my excuses.

thanks for thinking of me anyhow.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home