Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My dual nature

This past weekend I split time between masculine and feminine mode. I spent all day watching football on Saturday and for the most part was pleased. Alabama beat South Carolina and Florida beat Tennessee. Unfortunately, Notre Dame and Boston College lost as did my alma maters.
On Sunday it was feminine mode as I watched Under the Tuscan Sun. It is a cute movie. However, I have one little problem with it. As with most chick flicks, our central character is gorgeous and gets screwed over or dumped by her guy and spends the movie searching for love. Please, I mean only in a movie would a guy dump Diane Lane. In the real world, there is no way you would seek a divorce from her. All the movies are the same, it is always Diane, Ashley, Meg or Julia suffering heartache and redemption. They are perfect...beautiful, smart, sweet, funny and have emotional depth. You want to root for them and see them have a fairy tale ending. These are the type of women who don't encounter these circumstances in real life.
But, I want to see a real movie. One where we see that the guy dumps the girl because she is pretentious, condescending, and always nagging. As my friend likes to say, "for every single girl out there, there is some guy who is tired of her s***".

1 Comments:

At September 21, 2005 at 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEMOFall 05 Opening
Filed in archive Technology We are here at DEMOFall in Huntington Beach, CA enjoying the first proceeds of the conference.
Howdy, I was just checking out some new blogs and found yours! If you are interested, go see my cheap new car related site. I think you'll find it quite informative!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home