Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Happy Birthday

This blog will be a repeat of an old entry in honor of a friend's birthday. There was a time when she was the center of my world. For a brief moment in time, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and had hope that I would not spend the rest of my life alone and for that I am forever grateful. But like all moments in time they pass and become known only as memories. So, here it goes.


longing for some form of divine intervention
attempting to gather the courage to mention
unwillingness to be another in a sea of faces
rallying against odds to win your graces
anticipating everyone of your sweet sighs

mesmerized by the light in your eyes
ceasing to believe happiness doesn't exist
daring to walk in the cleansing mist
opening my soul without hesitation
no more fear, no more trepidation
and if this does not come to pass
let me innocently pretend it has
dreaming you were once my lass

1 Comments:

At October 13, 2005 at 5:47 PM, Blogger Laura said...

You're awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home