Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Girls, Girls, Girls

No I am not refering to the Motley Crue song or the Elvis movie.
When you think about life and the finality of living your life with one person, the choice becomes who. I always thought I would end up with someone exotic. I have always had a soft spot for brown-eyed dark complected, brunettes which is exemplified by the Latina population. Yet there is something to be said of the beauty of the Asian woman. And of course there are the blue-eyed blonde Scandinavians. Not to mention the fiery red-headed Irish lass. Then there is the British accent that can drive a man to his knees. (Note: There are countless more to mention and any omission is completely unintentional. And of course, there is more to a woman than mere physical beauty.) Besides you don't encounter these types of women everyday, at least not where I live.
While these women each have a lot to offer and would expose me to a whole new world (magic carpet not included) there remains the issue of common ground. Growing up in different cultures and different values, how much could we relate to each other ? How often and how deeply could we identify each other ?
I think about a life with each kind of woman and wonder what kind of life would we have ? How would our kids turn out ? And while all these different women are uniquely wonderful, there is something to be said about the all-American girl next door who used to dance in her p.j.'s singing Debbie Gibson songs into her hairbrush. "Only in my dreams...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home