Friday, June 03, 2005

This week's music shows

This week was rather interesting. The other night I watched the Eagles concert on tv. It was great. Of course, I am biased having attended my first Eagles concert when I was still in the womb. But I would have to wait until I was in college to see them again.
I don't know if it was the equipment or editing or what, but it sounded great. Don Henley's voice sounded the same as it did 30 years ago. This would leave me to believe that a person's voice is constant once he passes puberty.
In contrast, I watched Baby Hit Me One More Time last night. They bring out 5 acts from the 80's to perform one of their hit songs and one contemporary song. Last night's competitors were Loverboy, Flock of Seagulls, Arrested Development, Tiffany, and CeCe Piniston. Again, I don't if it was the equipment or what but they all for the most part sounded distinctly different. Even to some one as tone deaf as me. It sounded as if their voices were different. So maybe, someone can tell me if voices do change or if it was the equipment after all these years.

1 Comments:

At June 5, 2005 at 3:15 PM, Blogger slow poke kate said...

Hit Me Baby is a show that originated here in the UK. Tiffany did quite well and made it to finals, but did not win. Jordan Knight from New Kids was on it as well, yet wasn't a hit. I thought Tiffany sounded the same. She looked fabulous!

I have been meaning to email you! I hope all is well. I'll update you on life soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home