Monday, May 23, 2005

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

So, I will probably get a lot of ribbing for this one, but the other day I was recalling an old conversation with a friend regarding our list of favorite things and decided to post a list. I doubt it will be complete,but I will give it a shot. Feel free to respond with your own list.

1. Hearing one of my nephews or nieces laugh.
2. Holding one of them.
3. Grandma's chicken 'n dumplings (or anything made by grandma for that matter)
4. That feeling of being at grandma's house.
5. Hearing rushing water around the bend when you are canoeing.
6. Ben and Jerry's
7. The band playing Dixie.
8. The skyline of Birmingham and feeling that I am back home.
9. The dance scene from 7 brides for 7 brothers (I know I know).
10. The final scene from Dead Poet's Society
11. Warm clothes straight out of the dryer
12. The smell of fresh baked banana bread
13. The land of milk and honeys.
14. The words, "we the jury find the defendant guilty as charged."
15. The anticipation of a first date.
16. Sand between my toes
17. Thunderstorms (when I am safe at home)
18. Emails from long distance friends.
19. JLH
20. Feeling inspired to write.
21 Imagining being a dad.
22. Being called 'sugar" "honey" "sweetheart" or "hun" by waitresses
23. Dollar night at the jiggly room (just kidding and seeing if anyone was actually paying attention). Actually #23 would be being smiled at. (I know I ended that with a preposition, but it is my list).
24. When someone searches for redemption
25. Knowing that someone sacrificed his own life for me.

Like I said it is not an exhaustive list, but it is a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home