Thursday, June 30, 2005

Who's Your Daddy ?

Those who know me can verify that I am usually a low key modest kind of guy; however, at this time I will gloat a little.
I just completed a three day trial. I was prosecuting a man for armed robbery and conspiracy to commit armed robbery. There were a total of five people involved, but I am having to try each one separately. I had previously convicted one of conspiracy and still have three more to go. The guy I was trying this time was the one who actually pulled the gun and held up the victim.
He was a very smug and confident guy who thought he was going to go free. His attorney was even more cocky which is ironic since it was his first trial. This case had been pending for over a year and had become personal. I had previously gotten his so called expert disqualified and thus prevented from testifying. Everything he threw at me I hit out of the park. After three days of trial I heard my favorite words, "We the jury find the defendant guilty". They found him guilty of both counts and he will be sentnced at a later date. I have now won five of my last six cases.
I got more good news when I got home. The complaint that had been filed against me at my last job was dismissed as having no basis. Also, in the realm of legal news, the state Supreme Court made a wise decision last week. My first trial was against a certain attorney. He beat me like a red-headed stepchild (sorry Mike). But in my second trial, I got my revenge and beat him. Subsequently, the state bar suspended him for two years for violating ethical rules. He appealed to the state Supreme Court claiming the decision was too harsh and inappropriate. The Supreme Court agreed that the decision was inappropriate and completely disbarred him.
Ahh, it has been a good week.

1 Comments:

At July 3, 2005 at 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!!!

mandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home