Thursday, March 31, 2005

Update

Well, we began a six week term of court this week in the adjoining county. So, I do not have a lot of free time. Fortunately, we finished yesterday all that we could do for this week. So, today and tomorrow I am preparing for my trials that are set for next week. That's the way the legal system is, you spend a lot of time preparing for something that may never happen.

I am first up on Monday. I am trying a guy for robbery. I already convicted his buddy who helped him, so I feel optimistic. On another note, I scored a victory this week. I had a hearing yesterday and got the court to rule that the defense's so-called expert witness is not an expert. This is important because people have a need to believe in the power of education and science. Let an "expert" say that in his/her expert and opinion and by his/her calculations (which are done months and sometimes years after the incident) so and so can not possibly be the perpetrator, people are inclined to believe that, despite the fact that a dozen people watched the guy commit the crime.

All I can do is to continue fighting the good fight and go down swinging.

2 Comments:

At March 31, 2005 at 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am right there with you! MD

 
At April 6, 2005 at 5:23 AM, Blogger slow poke kate said...

congrats! I know you are so proud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home